Skip to main content

7 baby gifts sure to be a new parents favorite

     Baby showers are a great way for new parents to not only celebrate a new addition but also a great way for new parents to receive the things they need for their baby. However, sometimes those baby showers end up with them receiving way to many of the same things. I have complied a list of my favorite unique gifts that are not bound to be repeats.

  As many of you know, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl back in January. Since that time we have bought and worked with so many small shops and also found a few treasures in big box stores that we absolutely love. Each one of these gifts are either regularly used in our home or will be saved for years! I do not profit from these recommendations at all- just simply things that I love and want to share!


1. Swaddles and Baby gowns from Scallywag Baby Co


     I know what you are thinking- You have a million blankets. but these swaddles are different. They are the absolute first thing I reach for everytime I need a blanket, a nursing cover, a car seat cover, and they make for an adorable addition to a fresh 48 session everytime. What makes these so great is how soft the fabric is. It's been used as a burp rag- and it's defintely had its fair share of vomits. It washes like a dream and has never lost its softness. Oh, and did I mention- It's huge!! When we had my daughter, the hospital blankets could not swaddle all the way around her because she was so big. Luckily I added these in my hospital bag to take with and she I actually will be adding these to my fresh 48 "client closet" when I am done with them. (Although I may never be!)
This shop also carries my husbands personal favorite item. Their knotted baby gowns are just adorable. I think he pulled one out every time I asked him for an outfit. Both the swaddles and the gowns come with a bow or hat which goes with a million outfits on its own as well. Versatile as heck!


 


Shop swaddles and gowns HERE or on ETSY

2. Nose Frida by Frida Baby
   This is the most essential item in our house. While at first glace you may think this is a terribly disgusting contraption- I assure you it is not. It is the best possible relief you can give for a stuffed up baby nose and my goodness does it get it out! Unlike the hospital bulb suckers, there is no junk hiding away inside that you can't see which makes this much more hygienic! We have gotten this as a gift for every new parent we shop for and while some have mentioned its strangeness, they always come back and boasted about how many times it has become a saving grace for them.

Grab one HERE and don't forget to grab an extra box of Filters

3. OLI Pacifiers by Getting Sew Crafty
   My first child was not much of a pacifier kid, but it was not for lack of trying. I pretty much exhausted all the normal options you could readily find in the department store. This time around I was determined to find a great fit and I found that with Getting Sew Crafty's OLI pacifiers. While they are more expensive than your traditional pacifiers, they are worth the cost. These are the only pacifiers on the market that I have found that truly resemble a boob, making it easy for babies to transition without the nipple confusion. Getting Sew Crafty is a small mom-owned business whose pacifiers are made with Medical Grade Silicone and are 100% Non-toxic, BPA Free, Lead Free, Mercury Free, Phthalates Free, Cadmium Free and are FDA Approved. They also offer coordinating clips that will basically make your kid the trendiest little baby around!



 



Shop OLI Pacifers HERE


4. Moses Basket
   This one is a little different from the rest of the list, because I do not have a specific basket to suggest to you. I knew I wanted to get a moses basket the moment I found out I was pregnant because I am a photographer! Lets be honest now, they are cute as can be- and I needed to take all the photos possible with it. Then I realized how functional they actually are. I had an easy and safe to move a sleeping baby from room to room when in the early newborn stage without taking a bunch of space, which means- I could get things done and still watch the baby! All without being an eyesore as it blends right in with my home. I have gotten my use of beautiful photos with it as well as it has gotten its rounds into our monthly milestone photos! Keep in mind, a crib is the safest place for an infant, but I loved having a place during the day while under my supervision she could take a cat nap without me having to hold her constantly. If you are considering buying a Moses basket, make sure you find one with structured sides, a firm mattress with no gaps and make sure not to add any extra fabric or frills that could pose a suffocation risk.






4. Organic Moccs by Weepereas


   If you are looking for a beautiful, handmade baby shoe- stop your search! I have been obsessed with this shop since I worked on a collab with her for my older toddler, Jude. We are suckers for minimalist footwear (especially for littles) and sometimes it's just not okay for them to be barefoot. Enter- Weepereas! Their baby moocs are made with 100% organic cotton, and lined in organic bamboo fleece. They actually stay on baby feet with an elastic band that keeps them in place. But what puts these moccs on the top of my list is the prints! There are so many amazing prints and they are always releasing more. They even offer a grab bag option if you want a surprise- because trust me, it's really hard to choose!




Shop Baby Moccs HERE






5. Custom Name Onesie by Lovely Aze Co.


 Two of my favorites qualities in a baby outfit is 1. Customized and 2. Minimalist Design. This "B is for Blaire" onesie checks both boxes. Blaire wore this onesie so many times until she outgrew it and it is one of the only outfits we have stored away as a keepsake. It's so minimal but so timeless- and it goes with everything. Little Aze Co. is another mama owned small business (which we love to support) and she also carries a "M is for Mama" shirt that you could pair with your gift to make mama feel just as special as baby! 






Check out her shop HERE




7. Heirloom Pearl Bracelet by Little Girls Pearls


    This gift is seriously one of the most unique and beautiful items you could gift to a new baby. Little Girls Pearls sells heirloom pearl jewelry that will last forever. I was in awe of this bracelet from the moment I opened the package.

They are made with Genuine Cultured Freshwater Pearls and sterling silver, come in a ton of sizes for different ages, and has an adjustable chain. It will be a gorgeous addition to newborn photos and then one day it can be used on her wedding day to be wrapped around her bouquet, or passed down to their baby. Blaire is only 6 months old, and I still look back at it often and I can't believe how tiny her little wrist was. This is a gift that will continue to be cherished for years.





Shop Little Girls Pearls HERE






I hope you got some great ideas for the next time you want to get something special that is not bound to be repeated or returned. Let me know some of your favorite baby gifts that you've gotten or received in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the beginning- My very first blog post

    About 4 years ago, I was kind of "lost". I didn't really have a direction in where I was headed in life- but I was working long hours in a retail job and hating almost every minute of it. Let's start with high school. I will admit, I am not someone who is very "smart" in a traditional school sense. Core subjects were very difficult for me and I struggled to keep up in the majority of my classes. I worked A LOT- way more than any high schooler with a full load of classes should. But creative outlets have always been my strong suit. I filled any openings in my schedules with Choir, theatre, art, design, and any other class I could possibly weasel myself into.     Out of high school, I didn't know what exactly it was I wanted to do. At that time, I figured the best way to make sure I was financially secure and to whatever I decided (when I did) would be to join the military. Unfortunately, I did not graduate from basic training- which is still a very e

Sarah & Mike- The mountain peak proposal

   My husband and I have started a bucket list. We want to make it to all the National Parks in our life. We started off with our first being Arches National Park on the way from California to our newest home in Maryland. We knew we wanted to knock out the majority of the East Coast parks while we are living here for the next few years. Our first one? Shenandoah National Park. Now, I'll admit that I had never actually heard of this park, but our very first trip was breathtaking. I was and still am in awe of that park. Our very first trip there, we were joined by some lifelong friends of my husband who live in Virginia Beach. We decided it was a perfect middle point to meet for a day of hiking.    Being surrounded by the beautiful scenery, waterfalls, mountains, and fauna, I obviously knew I needed to shoot here. Who else to shoot than the couple that accompanied us to the park the very first time. After mentioning the idea to Sarah and getting the okay from Mike- we set in mot

A Chillicothe Farm Wedding- Mr. & Mrs. Nowack

      I always make a huge effort to get to know my couples especially before their weddings. This time around it was no effort at all. I met Sarah and Mike through my husband, years ago. When we lived in Maryland, they were in Virgina and we were able to finally meet up more often! During that time, I came became their personal photographer. Every time one of us had an idea, we would message the other and meet up for another photoshoot. I even shot their Mountaintop proposal in Shenandoah! So when they asked me to shoot their wedding, it was a no brainer!      The wedding day started out at a beautiful rental home  The Maybee Mansion . It is an absolutely beautifully restored 1919 Craftsman home in Chillicothe, MO. I was mesmerized by all the hardwood- it's my weakness. I was able to use the wooden door frames, the beautiful wooden entry, and even just the floors to do plenty of detail photos before everyone got ready for the day. We even did a few "before the gown" sho